Tuesday 18 April 2017

Doctors said she was infertile, now she's pregnant: Woman born with 2 vaginas



A woman who was born with two sets of reproductive organs and had been told by doctors that she was infertile is now expecting a child.

Krista Schwab, 32, was diagnosed with uterus didelphys, meaning she has two vaginas, one right next to the other.
She was diagnosed at age 12 and has two vaginas, two cervixes and two wombs. Because of complications resulting from her rare condition, doctors told Krista that she would never get pregnant. In spite of that, she tried to have a baby with her husband Courtney, 33, resulting in a couple of miscarriages.

The couple eventually gave up hope of having a baby via a natural birth. She considered trying IVF but soon discovered she was expecting a child. Krista is now five months pregnant and expecting a baby boy which is growing in her left womb.

Krista from Washington, US, said:
"After being diagnosed with uterine didelphys at 12 years old, I knew I had two uteruses and two cervixes. But when I was 30 I found out that I also have two vaginas that are side by side. I always felt the separate sections during intercourse and smear tests but I just thought that feeling was a normal thing every woman had.”

No comments:

Post a Comment