Thursday 9 February 2017

From a petite housewife to a male muscle builder. Transwoman narrates her story


- Cody Harman is a former house wife who transitioned from female to male because she was not comfortable with her body. She transformed from being a petite housewife to a male body builder

- She underwent surgeries and is taking hormones to alter her appearance and is planning on having penile surgery to seal the deal.
  She got married in 2008, however the marriage didn’t last because she felt that she was a male trapped in a woman’s body.

Cody said: “I can't believe how different I feel both mentally and physically. I've always been into fitness and now I've got the body I've always wanted. When I meet people I haven't seen in a while they struggle to believe it's really me. Watching my body change through puberty was hard. I hated it and just wanted to be one of the boys. I was lucky I was petite and didn't have prominent curves. I also knew I was attracted to girls but because my parents were very religious they made me think it was a sin, so I dated guys instead.”

Cody began her transition in 2014 after she had a mastectomy, surgery to have her female breasts removed, and began taking male sex hormones. In addition, she began to supplement the hormone thera. Working on my strength made me feel more masculine and my muscles grew quickly. I fell in love with it and in October 2016, I decided to enter my first female to male transgender bodybuilding competition.”

Today Cody works as a personal trainer helping others achieve their dream physiques.

Her advice to others is: “My message to others is that life is too short - you only get one chance. Don't give up.”

No comments:

Post a Comment